Column failure at Anand Kunj
- Additional load due to internal change in use of area on upper floors resulted in sudden failure of a column on ground floor level.
- The column was temporarily relived of load by supporting beams with multiple Steel props
- The Concrete that was crushed was removed and steel was treated with anticorrosive agent
- Additional rebars were added along with stirrups and the column was recasted using Microconcrete to achieve high early strength.
- Column was wrapped with double layer of GFRP wraps and plastered